If you haven’t yet registered to vote, you might want to get it off your to-do list today.
Six million people didn’t vote in the 2008 elections because they either did not know how to register or because they missed the voter registration deadline.
The voter registration deadline for Georgia is Tuesday, Oct. 9.
If you are a Walton County resident, here’s how you can register in time for the Nov. 6 elections:
- Fill out a voter registration form in person at the Board of Elections office at Walton County Board of Elections, 303 S Hammond Drive, Suite 11, Monroe, GA 30655.
- Download a voter registration form from the Board of Elections website and hand deliver it to:
Walton County Board of Elections, 303 S Hammond drive, Suite 111, Monroe, GA 30655.
To register to vote in Georgia, you must be:
- A citizen of the United States
- A legal resident of Georgia and of the county in which you wish to vote
- At least 18 years old by Election Day
Complete information about voter registration, ID Requirements, polling places and candidate information for Walton County voters can be found on the Walton County Board of Elections website.