The Athens-Clarke County Library has an opening for a full-time (40-hours/week) Volunteer Coordinator and Library Store manager. We are seeking an enthusiastic and energetic individual who can recruit volunteers to help in the library's newly renovated facility. The person in this job will also be responsible for helping re-open the popular Library Store. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual who has a passion for the community and who loves working with volunteers.
Purpose and Scope
The purpose of this job is to direct and coordinate volunteer services in all departments of the Athens-Clarke County Library and coordinate the day-to-day operations of the Library Store. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, recruiting, training and supervising all library volunteers; purchasing, pricing and displaying merchandise; maintaining financial records; and performing additional tasks as assigned. Reports to the Assistant Director for Public Services.
Minimum Training and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field with one to two years retail experience desired, or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this job. Some supervisory experience is preferred. Experience working with volunteers required.
January 7, 2013
Essential Job Functions
The following duties are normal for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Plans, coordinates and administers an effective volunteer recruitment program for the Library
- Supervises, assigns jobs, and evaluates volunteers
- Schedules and supervises court-ordered community service volunteers; communicates with probation officers as needed
- Creates an awareness of the value of volunteerism; promotes and markets volunteer opportunities; works with the Library department heads to identify volunteer opportunities
- Develops guidelines for use of volunteers in the Library and works effectively to retain the pool of volunteers
- Supervises and directs the day-to-day operations of the Library Store, including purchasing, pricing and displaying of merchandise, and scheduling of volunteers to work in the store
- Plans and coordinates volunteer recognition events and programs, including annual volunteer recognition event
- Sorts, selects, and displays used book donations
- Develops annual volunteer services report
- Participates in library-wide activities and serves on library committees as needed
- Flexibility in scheduling required; duties include occasional nights and weekends
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of volunteer administration principles and practices
- Knowledge of retail merchandising practices
- Good organizational and management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills, and ability to interact successfully with volunteers, library patrons and customers, library staff and all others involved in the activities of the library
- Personal computer proficiency required
The Athens Regional Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Library may provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations. A pre-employment drug screen is required.
Submit online job application, resume, cover letter, and 3 references before December 10th, 2012 to Human Resource Department, Athens-Clarke County Library.