Walton County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following incidents during the period Feb. 1 - 4, 2013/
- Arrest – A school bus was struck by a minivan on Guannt Road. The driver of the minivan left the scene and was arrested shortly thereafter.
- Extra Patrol – A subject was seen in the area of Whitney Road and Chickadee Drive with a truck load of scrap metal items.
- Extra Patrol – Extra patrol was requested in Squirrel Hollow in reference to vehicles speeding and suspicious person(s) in the area.
- Safety Check – Walton County deputies conducted a safety check on Jacks Creek Road at Turkey Mountain Trail.
- Theft – Two dogs were taken from a kennel on Good Hope Road.
- Disorderly Conduct – A subject was arrested on Magnolia Ridge for Disorderly Conduct after causing a disturbance while being intoxicated.
- Suspicious Vehicle – An unoccupied vehicle was parked along a curb on Shiloh Oak Drive.
- Safety Check – Walton County deputies conducted a safety check on Bay Creek Church Road at Zion Cemetery Road.
- Juvenile Problem – A homeowner on Youth Monroe Road was concerned about juveniles walking on the road in front of their residence.
- Safety Check – Walton County deputies conducted a safety check on Miller Bottom Road at Flagstone.
- Prowler – Noises were heard on the back porch at a residence on Brighton Place. The complainant’s cat was also shaved by an unknown person(s) prior to this incident.
- Extra Patrol – Extra patrol was requested in the Social Circle Fairplay Rd. area due to scrap metal thefts at a vacant residence.
- Brush Fire – Hot coals from a fireplace were dumped in a backyard on Meridian Lake Drive. The pine straw and wood fence caught fire, which spanned into the backyard of a residence on Briscoe Drive.
- Arrest – A pedestrian was struck by a hit and run vehicle on Hwy 81. The driver was later arrested at his home.
- Extra Patrol – Complaints were made due to a party on Vista Way at Mountberry Court.
- Suspicious Activity – A four-wheeler was heard but not seen while riding in the early morning hours around 3:00a.m in the area of Cannon Farm Rd. and Old Hwy 138. The area was checked and nothing was found.
The following information was obtained from the Walton County Sheriff's Office Alerts.