Walton County Sheriff's deputies responded to the following theft and burglary compaints in and around the Monroe area during the period Dec. 14-16, 2012.
- Theft – An A/C unit was stolen from a residence on Wood Chase Drive.
- Burglary Attempt – Unknown person(s) forced entry into an outbuilding at a residence on Paul Smith Rd. Pry marks were found on the front door and on a screen and two screens were taken off the windows.
- Damage to Property – A vehicle was vandalized on Randolph Still Rd.
- Burglary Attempt – Tools were rummaged through in a garage at a residence on Chandler Court. Nothing was taken.
- Theft – A theft was reported at a residence on John Stowe Rd.
- Extra Patrol – A white male in a brown knit cap was reportedly on Gum Creek Church Rd. asking about work.
- Fire Assist – A utility struck a gas main on Youth Monroe Rd.
- Theft – A flag was stolen from the entrance of The Falls at Rocky Branch. Extra patrol requested.
- Burglary – A residence was burglarized on Atha Woods Drive. There was no force entry and all doors and windows were secure. Miscellaneous items were missing from the residence.
- Theft – A theft was reported on Emerald Drive.
- Damage – A fuel line was damaged on Lee Lane.
This information was obtained from the Walton County Sheriff's Office Zone Alerts.