Walton County Sheriff's Deputies stopped two unknown males driving a white Ford F-150 who ran off into the woods upon being pulled over off Highway 83. A stolen 2005 Honda CRF 250R dirt bike was recovered off the suspect’s truck. As at Feb. 18, WCSO reports that the two perpetrators were at large, but warrants were taken. Deputies did attempt to serve a warrant.
WCSO also issued the following BOLO (Be on the lookout) for any suspicious vehicles in the county with South Carolina tags. Subjects may be “Gypsies” looking for work resurfacing driveways. Deputies also responded to the following incidents between Feb. 14 - 17, 2013.
- Theft – All light fixtures, door hardware, and cabinet hardware were removed and placed into boxes on Miranda Drive. Wiring to the electrical panel and supply lines to water heater were also cut. It appeared as if suspects were going to return to take all of the items. Extra patrol requested.
- Suspicious Vehicle – A vehicle in the lot of TLC Transmissions off Adamson Drive was observed to have had its lights left on.
- Extra Patrol – Resident on Grady Lemonds Road requests extra patrol on weekend due to juveniles damaging mailbox.
- Theft – Mail was removed from a mailbox off Winfield Drive.
- Suspicious Activity – Homeowner advised they saw flashlights in the woods off Cheek Road.
- Extra Patrol – Extra patrol requested in reference to a white pickup truck with South Carolina plates going door to door trying to get a job seal-coating driveways.
- Suspicious Vehicle – Contact was made with a 2005 Chevrolet 1500 4-door pickup truck with an asphalt sprayer on the back at the Gratis Store. Driver warned not to continue work in Walton County without proper permits due to past incidents of fraud in the county by the driver.
- Theft – A computer was taken from a residence at Rambling Woods Drive.
- Safety Check – Walton County deputies conducted a safety check on Bay Creek Church Road and Old Zion Cemetery Road. One arrest for an outstanding warrant.
- Juvenile Problem – Resident of Forest Ridge Subdivision reported observing several juveniles running away from residence after they egged the front door and used Boars Head Deli Turkey and pasted it on the side of the residence.
- Damage to Property – Mailboxes in the Highlands Subdivision were damaged overnight from 02/16/13 through 02/17/2013.
- Dispute – Neighbors disputing about a canine in the yard on Springwood Drive. Ongoing issue.
- Damage to Property – Vehicle caused turf damage to front yard and struck parked vehicle on Horseshoe Road.
- Trespass – Property owner advised Hispanic male was seen wandering on property at Centerville Rosebud Road. Extra patrol requested throughout night.
- Theft – ATV’s and tools taken from barn on Ho Hum Hollow Road.
- Extra Patrol – Walton County deputies performed extra patrol in reference to Hispanic male wandering on property at Centerville Rosebud Road.
- Suspicious Activity – Vehicle parked at Rockview Lane and Centerhill Station and driver walked to another residence.
- Suspicious Activity – Walton County deputies responded to suspicious activity at Highway 78 and Cedar Ridge Road. Deputy had negative contact.
- Theft – Wood chipper stolen from homeowner off Oakwood Court after lending it to a friend.
- Break-In Attempt – Owner of vacant residence off Old Highway 138 advised someone attempted to pry open the doors and windows sometime during the night.
- Theft – A large trailer was taken from Forever Grow and Turf off Brookview Drive. Damage to gate and truck on site also occurred.
WCSO responded to the following alarms during this period.
- Alarm – Walton County deputies responded to an alarm call on Matthew Court. Upon arrival, homeowner requested a med unit.
- Alarm – Walton County deputies responded to an alarm call at Down to Earth Energy on Monroe Jersey Road. Upon arrival deputy made contact with key holder who advised everything was fine and reset the alarm.
- Alarm – Walton County deputies responded to an alarm off HD Atha Road. Homeowner advised alarm was experiencing technical difficulties and all was fine.
- Alarm – Walton County Deputies responded to a panic alarm off Maddox Court. Upon arrival, homeowner advised everything was fine.
- Alarm – Walton County deputies responded to an alarm at Double Springs Place. Upon arrival, doors and windows were secure.
- Alarm – Walton County deputies responded to an alarm call off Fletcher Drive. Residence was secured.
- Alarm – Walton County deputies responded to an alarm off Clearwater Way in Clearwater Subdivision. The doors had been blown open by the wind and everything appeared to be fine.
- Alarm – Walton County deputies responded to two alarm calls at Macedonia Baptist Church. A cleaning crew was working inside the church.
- Alarm – Homeowner in Dogwood Farms Subdivision set alarm off by mistake. Was advised to call alarm company next time to cancel.
- Alarm – Walton County Deputies responded to an alarm off Highland Pointe Place in Providence Club Subdivision. The residence was secured and it appeared there was a dog unsecured in the house.
- Alarm – Walton County Deputies responded to an alarm call off Angie Court in Anslee Lakes Subdivision. Alarm cancelled per alarm company.
- Alarm – Walton County deputies responded to an alarm off Emerald Pointe in Emerald Pointe Subdivision. Alarm cancelled per alarm company.
The following information was obtained from the Walton County Sheriff's Office Alerts.