Walton County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following incidents between Jan. 24 and 27, 2013.
- A burglary occurred after a fence was cut at Ace Hardware in Social Circle. Several items were taken from the business.
- Suspicious Vehicle – A black Dodge Durango was reportedly speeding and driving recklessly on Mt. Vernon Road. The vehicle was seen pulling into the parking lot at The Store. The driver of the vehicle was identified, and after being evaluated by an officer for the Monroe Police Department, it was determined the driver was under the influence of prescription medication. The driver was arrested.
- Suspicious Person – Two subjects reportedly came to Campton United Methodist Church on Shoal Creek Road., took pictures then left. The subjects are described as white males; one may be Hispanic. The subjects were seen driving a white Ford Explorer.
- Suspicious Vehicle – A silver, older model passenger car was seen several times on Old Baccus Rd.
- Safety Check – Walton County deputies conducted a safety check on Perry Smith Road at Luther Adams Road.
- Burglary – Suspects forcibly entered a garage door at a residence on Tipperary Circle. The suspects took a beer. Two white juveniles were seen around the area at the time.
- Damage – A window to a residence on Twin Lakes Dr. appeared to have been shot.
- Extra Patrol – A dog was shot and killed with a BB gun in Logans Ridge subdivision off GA 20. Extra patrol was requested.
- Safety Check – Walton County deputies conducted a safety check on Green Road at Centerhill Church Road.
- Safety Check – Walton County deputies conducted a safety check on McCullers Road at Clay Drive.
- Burglary Attempt – A screen was removed from a window at a business on Hwy 20. No entry was made into the building. Extra patrol was requested.
- Safety Check – Walton County deputies conducted a safety check on Centerhill Church Road at South Sharon Church Road.
- Arrest – A subject was arrested on Hwy 138 in Walnut Grove for DUI under 21 years of age.
These were taken from the Walton County Sheriff's Department Zone Alerts