Dead Mouse in Mailbox, 3 Vehicle Wrecks and More in Latest WCSO Reports
The following incidents were handled by the Walton County Sheriff's Office between Feb. 18 - 21.
A dead mouse does not constitute mail and placing one in someone's mailbox is considered mail tampering, according to the Walton County Sheriff's Office. Deputies had a report of one being placed in the mailbox at a residence on Highway 11.
WCSO also responded to three vehicle wrecks, several alarm call outs and the following routine complaints in the county. There were no serious injuries reported in any of these wrecks.
- Vehicle Accident (Deer) – A vehicle accident involving a deer occurred on Bullock Bridge Road.
- Vehicle Accident – A vehicle accident occurred on Troy Smith Road Morangs Landing Drive.
- Vehicle Accident – A vehicle accident occurred on Broadnax Mill Road at Broadnax Drive.
- Arrest – Subject was arrested on Hwy 138 for warrants out of Walton County. Deputies retrieved a stolen vehicle from the subject and returned it to the owner.
- Fire Assist – An out of control brush fire occurred on Davan Lane.
- Fraud – A fraud report was filed on Thompson Lane.
- Burglary Attempt – A homeowner on Blasingame Rd. found the deadbolt on their door locked but the doorknob unlocked. A small, white broken piece of plastic was found in the doorway.
- Damage to Property – The windows at a residence on Ashe Road were shot out with a pellet gun.
- Suspicious Vehicle – A call was made due to a suspicious vehicle on Hwy 186 at the Walton County line. No contact was made.
- Prowler – A report was made about a subject tapping on a window at a residence on Brush Creek Drive.
- Arrest – A subject was arrested on Hwy 83 @ Navaho Trail for DUI.
- Suspicious Person – Two subjects were reportedly in the wood line behind a residence on Powers Road. Extra Patrol requested.
- Burglary – A garage was entered on Tommy Dillard Road equipment was taken from the residence.
- Fraud – A fraud report was taken on Phillips Drive.
- Unsecured Premises – The gate to a business on Troy Smith Road was found unlocked and opened. The area was checked with no signs of entry to the business. The gate was re-secured by deputies.
- Damage to Property – Unknown individuals were observed doing “doughnuts” in a pasture on Stock Road.
- Extra Patrol – Extra patrol was requested on Ridge Court in reference to a subject in the area who has a history of harassment with the homeowner.
- Arrest – A subject was arrested for DUI on bay Creek Church Rd. @ Shiloh Road.
- Theft – Tools were taken from a barn on Double Springs Road.
- Burglary – Unknown person(s) took several items from a mobile home in Jackson Mobile Home Park.
- Structure Fire – A structure fire occurred at a residence on Foxhound Trace.
- Suspicious Vehicle – A suspicious vehicle was reported on Hwy 20 @ Walton County line. No contact was made with the vehicle.
- Juvenile Complaint – A call was made referencing juveniles riding dirt bikes and 4 wheelers in the area of Stoney Creek Way. No contact was made.
- Alarm – Walton County deputies responded to two alarm calls on Jones Woods Drive.
- Alarm – Walton County deputies responded to an alarm call on Bullock Bridge Road. The call was cancelled before deputies arrived.
- Alarm – Walton County deputies responded to an alarm call on Waterford Lane in the Highlands subdivision.
- Alarm – Walton County deputies responded to an alarm call on Holly Ridge Drive.
- Alarm – Walton County deputies responded to an alarm call on White Rd. at Sharon Elementary. The building checked out fine and was secure.
- Alarm – Walton County deputies responded to an alarm call at a business on Adamson Drive. The building was checked and a door handle was damaged on the side door. No other damages were found.